National Day of the American Cowboy.
Began in 2005 by Wyoming Senator Craig Thomas, this day traditionally falls in time with Cheyenne Frontier Days. As the resolution states, the cowboy archetype embodies honesty, integrity, courage, compassion, respect, a strong work ethic and patriotism while transcending ethnicity, gender, geographic boundaries, and political affiliations.
The state of Wyoming adopted a Code of Ethics in 2010 aka Cowboy Ethics.
- Live each day with courage.
- Take pride in your work.
- Always finish what you start.
- Do what has to be done.
- Be tough, but fair.
- When you make a promise, keep it.
- Ride for the brand.
- Talk less and say more.
- Remember that some things aren’t for sale.
- Know where to draw the line.
I don’t know about you… but I sure like this day… and state… and occupation.