Witch Fail

She started off as just a few pieces of trash…

I was trying to get just her body shape correct…

My sister had bought me a great witch’s broom from Ace Hardware… and I found an old shovel handle to take its place while I experimented.  This looked pretty wonky at this point!  I made three loops around my house, searching for a bag of old cheesecloth.  I just saw it a couple of weeks ago!  Our ghosts we made last year using starch as a stiffener were a fail… dew has a tendency to do that!  But with my witch, I was going to use cement!

After giving up on the cheesecloth, I thought I’d try an old sheet.

It draped well, but the sheet didn’t absorb the cement like it should have.  It needs to either be layers of cheesecloth… or old towels.  Something to hold the cement to be strong enough.  Not that I expected one layer of sheet to hold, but I could tell it wasn’t  going to work.

I think she needs a hat as well… otherwise she will just look like a ghost who stole a witch’s broom!

Starting over…


Comments

Witch Fail — 2 Comments

  1. I had serious doubts up until the last photo. That one though has quite a lot of potential. I’m sure she looks rougher in person, but that picture is good.

  2. A good start Carol. As Thomas A Edison said ‘ I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that won’t work’. It’s a new day tomorrow with new ideas. Keep on doing what you do so well. Crafting and creating.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge