Megan and I worked on her table. I thought it was going to get its final coat today. I think the base is complete and Megan is happy with it. I applied one coat this morning and then went back for the last one. My first coats always left a bit of rough spots where the poly had started to dry before I finished. I was bound to put on a coat that was thick enough and I could do it fast so no edges began drying.
We decided to try a small foam roller.
I poured. We rolled. I did a smooth out with a brush. We thought it was going to work.
Maybe I’m just too much of a perfectionist, but the roller left a pitted surface not a slick one like the brush even with my initial brush over. I had used all the poly by the end and had none left to go back over it and try to smooth it out. Grrr.
So it’s not finished. Megan will pick up one more can of poly and, by golly, that table is going to get finished this week!Find me here!
2 thoughts on “This Week”
Good luck with the last coat. Whatever the outcome it is an amazing work of art.
I’ve found that I have trouble somewhat like that when I’m apply urethane over the stained seat on the benches. I just go over it very lightly with 400 grit sandpaper and then apply another light coat.