I’ve continued… trying to figure out five steps ahead of myself as well as upside down and backward. I’m not exaggerating. I had to figure out how to get my legs attached and put on the apron and level the top, all while it was upside down on my sawhorses.
Of course, all I had for legs were rough cut 4×4’s that some building material came on for Brandon’s house. That took some trimming on the table saw and lots of sanding.
Then I decided I wanted rust colored legs, and that took some practice to get the look I wanted.
After lots of trial and error and sanding… This morning I got this!
Now believe me, nothing is quite square on this table, but I did get a bottom shelf on thanks to my belt sander! Now I knew the OSB would need something.
Book lovers, please don’t have a fit. These books were on their way to the dump. I rescued them. They now have another use other than their original one. I picked them for their colors…
I discovered piecing them together on an unsquare shelf is tricky. Cutting them is not the easiest either. I will try my Dremel tomorrow. I decided to put some book pages under… then perhaps just generally fill in some of the gaps, but not worry too much about the empty spaces. So long as the gaps aren’t huge, I think it will be all right…
The paper will yellow with time. It’s not as bright white as it looks in the photo anyway. To seal I’ll use a polycrylic. Then comes the big surprise!
So… the table is done in its construction phase, but is still undergoing some creativity!
Stay tuned.Let's Socialize...