Continuing my project from yesterday…
My garden barrel has been measured, drilled, and sawed. Go HERE to see how that was done. Now begins the slower work of forming the cups that will hold each plant.
I borrowed Vernon’s little propane torch. I heated the barrel in a slightly squished circle by my marked lines. It didn’t take that much to warm the plastic enough to become pliable. It’s very easy to go back and heat it more if necessary. To shape the cups, some people use 2×4’s about 30” long or so. One video I watched, the guy used wine bottles. I was going to try that as I liked the look.
Pushing the top layer in, situate the wine bottle midline, and twist it in until the main part of the bottle is in the slot. You shouldn’t have to hold it, but I did find it would make more of a cup if you pushed the bottom of the wine bottle towards the barrel.
I had put out the call for more wine bottles, but Tess and Megan had trashed all their bottles. With having only two bottles, it was a slower process. I tried to go slowly and give each cup the time to cool down.
Eh. It’s not bad for my first try. I would probably do a couple of things differently, but, eh…
For the next step I need ~40” of 6” or 8” plastic pipe… I’ll have to put this on pause until I find some!Find me here!