10. STEERS. This post shows our biggest “payday”. We ship our yearling steers to the buyer who will feed them up for three months or so in a feedlot.
9. BETTER VIEW. Taking three semi loads of yearling heifers to the top of the Big Horn Mountains can showcase the beautiful place where we live. This is a good workday, we enjoy the view while we work. This is the kind of day people expect to see when we say we ranch in Wyoming.
8. IT’LL BE WORTH IT. Wow. I just posted this and it made it into the top ten of the year. You’ll have to double click to see this one because I send you over to my son, Brandon’s, blog, “Big Trails Natural Beef”. It’s drone footage of our calves being fed in the hay fields.
7. WEIRD LIFE. Remember this summer, the weirdest thing in the world happened to me while I was working in my yard? It involved my flower bed and a mewing noise? Yeah. Definitely, in *my* top ten experiences last year!
6. HARD WORKING GIRL. Kids around here work. My kids did. My grandkids are. I’m proud to teach them a work ethic that will stand them in good stead for the rest of their lives, no matter what they do. Lacee, at five years old, shows off some hard work.
5. FIFTEENMILE HMA. This was the first in a series of posts about a wild horse gather Johnny and I attended at the Fifteenmile Horse Management area. While the following posts have horse photos, I guess this one gets the most attention since it’s the actual name of the area. Feel free to read the following posts as well!
4. PRO PHOTOS. We paid for local photographer, Dave Huber, to come take pictures of our clan. We are quite the mob, but Dave was happy to do it, and we loved the final product! Maybe in five years we can do it again… it is an awesome way to preserve a moment in time at the Greet Ranch.
3. FORGET WW, THE TABLE IS DONE! and TABLED both made the top ten and I cheated and put them here together. I didn’t realized how 2019 must have been the year of the table… two different tables, one for the library, one for me… my big craft projects of the year.
2. NEWS! My announcement about getting Bravo, formerly known as Merlin, was popular with all my “dog friends”. Besides, who can resist puppy portraits? While actual photos are done by Shepherd’s Way English Shepherds, I went ahead and included it. My FORMAL INTRODUCTION missed the top ten by a few points, but it included my final naming of this little critter.
- LIFE, LIBERTY, AND LONGMIRE. I guess including Longmire in the title will get me more hits online than anything else! I should do a Longmire post every month just to get my numbers up. Well, this was a fun post to create… and a fun float to build. It’s always a good time in Longmire country!
That’s it folks… thanks so much for making 2019 a great year!Find me here!