10. Our “Ussie” Join me as I struggle to photograph ALL NINE of us as we finish moving heifers. Reagan has a few of her own since the work was done and she was off helping her grandpa.
9. Good Boy Good ol’ Bravo minds his manners while Vernon and I tend to a sick calf on the feed grounds. I’m always thrilled when he minds!
8. God Bless Cowgirls Lucky for me, both of my daughters-in-law are happy enough to put up with my photography. Of course, as I recall, Tess did stick her tongue out at me as she rode by… It sure doesn’t make me appreciate them any less! I love that they love this life!
7. Arapaho Ranch Show My high-low portraits have their official debut at the Arapaho Ranch outside of Thermopolis, Wyoming. They will be part of the permanent collection of the Wyoming State Museum. (On display in Cheyenne through March 2023)
6. Ruined My new wool hoodie and I had an exciting experience in front of my wood stove… <insert wide eyed emoji!> And it’s really NOT ruined… so I didn’t get another one…
5. New Award Johnny Greet receives the Benjamin Franklin Award! We were so proud!
4. Get the Idea My poor attempt at a cute instagram style video, showing off my “dressy” style, which just means good jeans and top and some extra jewelry! I received many a nice compliment, though, and I appreciated all of them!
3. Something to Smile About Joy follows grief as we welcome the newest English Shepherd to the Greet Ranch… and “we named the dog Indiana”.
2. Number two was a repost, one of my Throwback Thursdays that I do each week. So… it’s not really from 2022, but evidently many people search for Wyoming road reports! #TBT: Traffic Report, v.2.0
1. Patriarch No surprise that my post with the most hits and interactions was the one on the loss of Johnny. We appreciated all the condolences and memories shared. I’m very glad I have this blog and all these memories and photos of him.
These are the top posts from 2022 according to the site statistics… how many read it, how many commented, how many shared it… but they don’t always align to my favorites… like finally finishing up the Sunflower Table on I Declare… like where I wrote a post on Quinlan, but it applies to each of my grandchildren learning about the ranching life on Truly Blessed. Then there’s always the weather impact on my life, Snow. Always grateful for these full days like Good Job, Team. Kids’ Branding will always have my heart. And sometimes… Some Days is the way to go!
Thank you all for your support, your caring, your spreading the word about Red Dirt In My Soul! I appreciate you all and wish you the best in the New Year!Find me here!